Saturday, May 9, 2015

Mother's Day Wishes

My Dear Precious Family....

There is no calling I have had that I have loved more and learned more from than the eternal calling I hold of Mother.  It is an awesome responsibility to be given and trusted to nourish and help return to Him some of our Father in Heaven's choice spirits.

I have loved holding you, cuddling you, comforting you, feeding you, teaching you, supporting you in your activities, and even changing your diapers and being there for you when you were sick or otherwise unhappy.

You are now adults and have brought into our family other fine children, whom I also love and hold dear.  Although I no longer need to cut your hot dogs for you, my role of Mother (yes, it deserves to be capitalized) is not over.  I hope to be a part of your lives for many years to come, as I have been blessed to have my Mother continue to be a part of mine.

The one goal I have always had is to have our home be a 'haven of peace', a 'temple of love' and a 'shrine of worship'.  A place where you would be able to feel the spirit and know of your eternal nature.

I am thrilled to see that you have all chosen to be endowed with great gifts from God as you have entered His holy temple.  You have all chosen companions who also want to be a part of an eternal family as you have married in the House of the Lord.

On this Mother's Day, I ask that you read Section 109 of the Doctrine and Covenants, the dedicatory prayer for the Kirtland Temple.  Look for two things as you study this section - First, your responsibilities to qualify for the blessings of temple attendance - Second, blessings mentioned by the Lord for temple attendance.

You will see that the blessings of temple attendance are rich and abundant and desirable.

We live in an interesting time.  The challenges that lay ahead for us may be great, certainly the challenges of the world are great.  We will need the spirit to be with us.  We will need our testimonies to be solid and unshakable. We will need God's protection.

Go to the temple often.  Take your eternal companion with you. Learn from your experience.  Look for the symbolism that will direct you to God.

There are many things that demand our time and attention. Many are worthwhile. I counsel you to not let anything take precedence over or overshadow what will give you the greatest blessings you can obtain. Never let what matters most be at the mercy of what matters least.  If you put God first, all other things fall into place.

This is my testimony.

All seven of you children are dear to me and your Daddy is the love of my life (somehow, I think you know that one).









2 comments: