Christmas - 2015
At this special time of year, families throughout the Christian world gather to celebrate Christmas. A celebration of joy, peace, and love. A celebration full of tradtion.
What have been some of your favorite Christmas traditions, and why?
Watch This Awesome Nativity Video: “The Nativity” – 8 minutes
· How does this make you feel?
· What are your thoughts about Christmas?
· What is most important at Christmas for you?
Watch "Good Tidings of Great Joy" – 5 minutes
· How do we bring ‘light’ to those around us?
· What do Pres. Uchtdorf’s thoughts of making this a time to repent, be grateful, forgive mean to you?
· What gift has the Savior given that resonates with you?
· What can we give to the Savior?
Watch this Mormon Tabernacle Choir Video: “What Shall We Give” – 5 minutes
· What gifts were given to the Savior in this video?
· The way we live. How we treat strangers & family. Bringing Christ into our homes. Teaching our children. – These are some of the greatest gifts we can give the Savior. These are gifts we can give all year round.
President Thomas S. Monson: “In our busy lives, with ever so many other things competing for our attention, it is essential that we make a conscious, committed effort to bring Christ into our lives and into our homes. And it is vital that we, like the Wise Men from the East, remain fixed upon His star and “come to worship him.”
The first gift of Christmas was a simple gift given by a father to all of his children, to us. He gave us his son, the Christ. He is the gift.
This Christmas season, let us not forget this great gift. Let us show our gratitude for Christ, the greatest gift of all.
Watch The Gift Video: “He Is The Gift” – 3 minutes
I hope you each take time to ponder the message of this post. Feel free to share! Respond with your ideas, memories, and impressions! We all gain from each others testimonies and thoughts!
I love each of you very much.
Merry Christmas 2015